The Spoor and Fisher Way
What makes Spoor & Fisher a leading IP law practice in Africa? Partner, Herman Blignaut gives some background
For a brief yet perceptive overview of Spoor & Fisher as a specialist intellectual property practice, watch Spoor & Fisher Partner, Herman Blignaut. Herman offers an insight into why the firm is regarded to be a leader in the field of IP law on the African continent.
- What is a trade mark?
- What is the purpose of a trade mark?
- Spoor & Fisher and trade marks
- Different types of trade marks
- Registering a trade mark In South Africa
- Protecting your trade mark
- How to defend a trade mark
- Trade marks in business
- Exploiting a trade mark
- Registering a business name as a trade mark
- Protecting your intellectual property in technology
- What is a patent?
- Patent protection conditions
- What is a registered design?
- Spoor & Fisher and intellectual property
- The Copyright Act and digital content and the IP implications of streaming
- IP rights in the digital domain and the implications of the recent Moneyweb case
- Implications and challenges of protecting indigenous knowledge systems in SA
- What makes Spoor & Fisher a leading IP law practice in Africa?
- Common mistakes entrepreneurs make regarding IP
- .Africa top level domain name
- Innovation in South Africa
- The spread of counterfeit goods eased through social media
- Artificial Intelligence and Intellectual Property on Classic Business