Corporate Social Responsibility
Afrika Tikkun Sports Day
Afrika Tikkun is a non-profit organisation which was founded in 1995 to provide for the day to day needs of disadvantaged children but soon after, the organisation evolved into one focused on overall development.
This organisation has 6 branches – Diepsloot, Orange Farm, Alexandra, Mfuleni, Braamfontein, and Cape Town. Each of these centres services the community in the following ways, by providing:
- nutrition to the young children, children and young adults that are part of their programmes;
- early childhood development centres;
- after school programmes to children to improve their education;
- career guidance and career development services; and
- extra murals to children as part of their after school programmes to enrich the lives of the children in these disadvantaged areas.
Every year, Afrika Tikkun organises a sports day at the Bidvest Wanders Stadium in Johannesburg. This year, as usual, Spoor & Fisher’s staff were there to support the organisation and to join in the fun.
The day consisted of many events from athletics, dance competitions, poetry slams, debating competitions as well as an art exhibition. The talent and hard work of all the children was recognised. In addition, sponsors such as Spoor & Fisher were afforded the opportunity to interact with the children and participate in events such as foot races, tug of war, netball and dances.
The Afrika Tikkun organisation is an immensely beneficial organisation which has impacted the lives of many children and young adults and which contributes to the success of these children, the upliftment of their families as well as their communities at large. Spoor & Fisher is proud to support this organisation.