Patents - Seychelles
- WIPO (from 16 March 2000)
- PCT (from 7 November 2002)
- Paris Union (from 7 November 2002)
Types of Patents Available:
- Re-registration of granted UK or European (UK) Patent
- Patents of invention
- National Phase PCT application
Applications for the local re-registration of granted UK or European (UK) patents must be lodged within three years of the grant of the basic UK or European (UK) patent. For national applications, local novelty requirements apply.
Re-registration of granted UK or European (UK) patent:
- Power of Attorney (notarised) (required on the day of filing)
- Form of Application (simply signed) (required on the day of filing)
- Copy of the granted UK or European (UK) patent (required on the day of filing)
National Phase PCT Application:
Seychelles patent legislation does not make provision for PCT applications, nor are filing requirements for such applications specified. At present, we advise applicants to lodge the same documents as for a non-PCT application, plus the following:
- Copy of International Publication
- Copy of International Search report
- Copy of International Preliminary Report on Patentability
Patent of Invention:
- Power of Attorney (notarised)
- Specification, claims and abstract in English (required on the day of filing)
- Formal drawings, if applicable (required on the day of filing)
- Assignment of Invention (notarised)
- Priority document with verified English translation, if applicable
The patent remains in force for so long as the UK patent on which it is based remains in force. The term of a patent of invention is fourteen years from the filing date. The patent may be extended for a further period of seven years (and in exceptional cases for fourteen years upon request). The terml for national phase PCT applications are not yet clear.
No renewal fees are payable on UK re-registrations. For national applications, renewal fees fall due four years from the date of filing and annually thereafter.
Return to Africa map and filing requirements
|Did you find what you were looking for?
Do you have a question, suggestion or need a quotation? Please
click on the red ball.