Areas of Practice- Product Regulatory Advice
South Africa has a complex regulatory environment covering pharmaceuticals, complementary medicines, foodstuffs, agricultural products, liquor and other products. We have assembled an experienced team of IP specialists who can offer expert advice on regulatory matters affected by the following Acts:
- Medicines and Related Substances Control Act No. 101 of 1965
- Foodstuffs, Cosmetics and Disinfectants Act No. 54 of 1972
- Genetically Modified Organisms Act No. 15 of 1997
- Fertilizers, Farm Feeds, Agricultural Remedies and Stock Remedies Act No. 36 of 1947
- Agricultural Product Standards Act No. 119 of 1990
- Liquor Products Act No. 60 of 1989
- Liquor Act No. 59 of 2003
- Trade Metrology Act No. 77 of 1973
- Standards Act No. 8 of 2008
- The Consumer Protection Act No. 68 of 2008
- The Code of Advertising Practice of the Advertising Standards Authority.
The team provides pre-clearance checks and offers advice in respect of:
- advertising and promotional materials,
- packaging, labelling, and formulation clearance, and
- pharmaceutical regulatory (MCC) matters.
Please note that the regulatory service is offered in South Africa only.
|| BLC LLB Attorney of the High Court of South Africa and Notary Public.
|| LLB. Attorney of the High Court of South Africa and Notary Public.
|Eben van Wyk
| BProc. Attorney of the High Court of South Africa. Solicitor of England &
Wales (non practising)
| B.Com Law LLB, Attorney of the High Court of South Africa.
| MSc (Chemistry), LLB (cum laude), Patent Attorney, Attorney of the High Court of South Africa.
|| LLB, Attorney of the High Court of South Africa and Notary Public
| Com Law LLB. Attorney of the High Court of South Africa
|Did you find what you were looking for?
Do you have a question, suggestion or need a quotation? Please
click on the red ball.