- Paris Union (from 14 June 1965)
- WIPO (from 5 June 1971)
- PCT (from 10 December 2001)
Types of Patents Available:
- Patents of Invention
- National Phase PCT application
- Absolute novelty is required.
- Pharmaceutical compositions are not patentable.
National Phase PCT Application:
- Tunisia recently joined PCT, the patent legislation has not yet been amended to include the filing requirements for national phase PCT applications.
Patents of Invention (non-PCT):
- Power of Attorney (simply signed) (required on the day of filing)
- Specification, claims and abstract in English, Arabic or French (required on the day of filing)
- Formal drawings, if applicable (required on the day of filing)
- Assignment of Priority Rights (can be late filed, no set deadline)
- Priority document (with verified translation into language in which the application was filed) (can be late filed within three months)
The term of a patent is twenty years from the filing date.
Renewal fees fall due annually commencing on the first anniversary of the filing date.