- WIPO (from 18 November 1982)
Types of Patents Available:
- Patents of Invention
- Patents of Addition
Note: As a result of the ongoing civil unrest, the filing and processing of all patent applications is indefinitely halted.
- Absolute novelty is required.
Patents of Invention:
- Power of Attorney (simply signed) (required on the day of filing)
- Specification, claims and abstract in English (required on the day of filing)
- Formal drawings, if applicable (required on the day of filing)
The term of a patent is fifteen years from the filing date, which is not extendable. The Patent of Addition expires with the main patent.
Renewal fees fall due annually commencing on the first anniversary of the filing date.