Spoor & Fisher Wins Intercontinental Finance Magazine Legal Excellence Award
Spoor & Fisher, the international intellectual property law firm, which specialises in all aspects of IP law throughout Africa, won the InterContinental Finance Magazine’s Legal Excellence Award in March 2011 for the second year running.
Spoor & Fisher was considered to have performed to exceptional levels during one of the most difficult economic periods ever experienced.
“We are very proud of this award as we are of all of our awards,” says Charles Webster, chairman of Spoor & Fisher. “We have had the distinction of being acknowledged internationally twelve times in the past six years.”
According to the Legal 500 (2010 – 2011): Spoor & Fisher is a first tier intellectual property firm. It adds: “Spoor & Fisher’s IP clients are impressed by the firm’s experience, expertise and considerable resources, in particular recommending the firm’s knowledge of the biotechnology and genetics sectors, as well as electronic and chemical engineering.”
“We are also proud to mention that Tshepo Shabangu, trademark partner at Spoor & Fisher, has recently been appointed as the president of the South African Institute of Intellectual Property Law (SAIIPL),” says Webster. “She is the first black, and third woman, president in the history of SAIIPL’s history.”
Other awards Spoor & Fisher has won:
- 2009 and 2010 - Managing Intellectual Property (MIP) - Consistently ranked in first tier for patents and trademarks for the last three years. Spoor & Fisher was recently acknowledged in the MIP World IP survey 2010 as the top IP law firm in South Africa for trademarks and patents in addition to receiving another tier one rating for both of these aspects of IP law.
- In 2010 the company was awarded the highest in category rating of 4.43 out of a potential 5, resulting in Spoor & Fisher being awarded the prestigious Diamond Arrow award in the PMR.Africa annual survey in the area of intellectual property.
- 2009 - Professional Management Review (PMR) - Voted Best IP firm in South Africa 2005 to 2010.
- January 2008 - Ranked the top IP firm in South Africa for 2008 by Managing Intellectual Property (MIP).
- February 2007 - Recipient of the Professional Management Review (PMR) Award for top specialist legal services practice in the area of intellectual property in South Africa, as rated by corporate clients.
- 2007: Received tier one rating for both patents and trademarks in the global survey conducted by Managing Intellectual Property (MIP).
- March 2006 - Recipient of the PMR Award for top specialist legal services practice in the area of intellectual property in South Africa, as rated by corporate clients.
- 2006: Received tier one rating for both patents and trademarks in the global survey conducted by Managing Intellectual Property (MIP).
- April 2005 - Recipient of the PMR Diamond Arrow Award for best overall specialist legal services practices in the area of intellectual property in South Africa, as rated by corporate clients.
Contact: Spoor & Fisher, (012) 676-1111, firstname.lastname@example.org